At Edmentum, we are committed to meeting the needs of diverse learners. Whether it’s first-time credit, expanding class offerings, or servicing a higher education institution, our solutions can help.
We’re focused on simple technology, especially when it comes to Edmentum’s learner experience for Plato Courseware, Edmentum Assessments, and EdOptions Academy. To us, simple technology means an intuitive and easy-to-use platform that is integrated, flexible, and designed to save educators time.
Edmentum’s learner experience provides an online environment for learners to thrive from anywhere there’s Internet connectivity. Simple, intuitive navigation helps students manage and complete their assignments anytime, anywhere. And as their teacher, you can focus on solving instructional challenges knowing that your students have a best-in-class learning environment. Let’s review a few specific elements of the Edmentum student interface that support deeper learning:
- Mobile-optimized for tablets and devices
- All active assignments are visible on the home page
- One click resumes an assignment
- Easily view all activities for the assignment, and their status
- Easy access to tools while in the course: translation tool, dictionary, reading tools (slide narration, click to speak), highlighter, glossary, notes, scoring scales, calculator and table of contents
- Voice recorder to grade or submit assignments with recorded audio of spoken language.
- Embedded assignments called teacher graded activities to support effective communication by providing the opportunity for students to submit work for review and feedback prior to finalization
At Edmentum, we also realize the importance of encouraging agency and ownership to keep students motivated. That’s why our learner experience also features instant updates to keep students in-the-know and help them manage their alerts, messages, and progress:
- Instructor and system notifications are displayed on the home page
- A progress bar on each assignment shows students where they are
- Students can view progress reports with one click
- Accessibility enhancements support students of all learning levels
- Design principles have been proven to support student learning needs
- Compatibility with assistive-learning technology
Ready to learn more about the Edmentum student experience? Check out this blog post to learn more about the latest features and enhancements we’ve released for our courseware to help engage and motivate students across all subjects!