As you prepare for the new school year, make sure you’re getting the most out of your Study Island subscription! Designed to help your K-12 students master the content specified in your state standards, Edmentum’s Study Island includes a wealth of features to help you drive formative assessment strategies in your classroom. To help you get familiar with all of these great features, we’ve listed out some of our most helpful tips and tricks for using Study Island!
- Create classes for your students. Get ready for a new school year by creating classes for your students. Doing so not only allows you to create assignments and tests, but it also makes it easy for you to track student progress, connect with parents, and monitor each student’s use of Study Island.
- Build custom assessments. You can easily create custom assessments that are ready to use right away in the fall using the Test Builder feature. This tool provides everything that you need to create, schedule, and distribute customized assessments that coincide with your goals. With Test Builder, you can access thousands of Study Island practice and assessment questions; build, schedule, and share custom tests; and generate actionable reports on school and student performance.
- Explore group sessions for whole class and small group instruction. Group sessions is a great feature to give your students opportunity to work through specific topics as a large or small group. With group sessions, you can maximize group instructional time using the technology you have in your classroom. Students can answer multiple-choice and technology-enhanced questions via their personal tablets, mobile devices, laptops, or desktops, and you have immediate access to actionable data.
- Use LiveView to monitor student progress. LiveView gives you the flexibility to monitor progress in real time from your computer, ensuring that students are on task and moving forward in their assignments.
- Don’t forget about the Teacher Toolkit. The Teacher Toolkit is a great resource to start exploring as you begin to prepare for a new school year. Within the Teacher Toolkit, you can access thousands of K-12 learning resources including lesson plans, teacher videos, math practice activities, educational videos, virtual science labs, and project-based learning activities.
- Maximize your use of Edmentum Sensei. Edmentum Sensei for Study Island is an interactive data dashboard designed to help you identify patterns, measure progress, and gain insight into your students’ individual needs. Easily connect with students to ask questions, give praise, offer encouragement, or just dig a little deeper into their achievement. Examine each student’s progress towards meeting your state standards, and provide students with remediation or acceleration assignments directly from your dashboard.
Get ready for a great year of learning with your students! For even more ideas to help you make the most of Study Island in your classroom, check out these top 10 features you might not know about!