Back to School: Free Printable Classroom Resources from Edmentum
Back to School: Free Printable Classroom Resources from Edmentum
Is it time for back to school already? Between lesson planning, memorizing all the names on your new class roster, and brushing up on your favorite teacher tricks before the first day, there’s a lot to do!
Luckily, Edmentum has just what you need to start off the school year right. We’ve gathered up our favorite printables that are perfect for getting your classroom organized and ready, along with teaching and classroom resource packs with everything you need for a perfect first day back no matter what your classroom looks like, including fact sheets, activities, and name tags!
Free Back-to-School Resources
Back-to-School Topical Resource Pack
Inside this pack, you’ll find fun first-day-of-school activities; back-to-school-themed fact sheets; and creative critical thinking discussions that are perfect for engaging your new students. Use these activities to get everyone excited and focused on the new school year and to fight back any first-day nerves your students might have by engaging everyone in a lively class discussion. You’ll also find full-color posters, sticker templates, and printable name tags to make learning your student’s names easier. And, to help everyone get to know each other, have your students fill out their own About Me profile, and share with the class!
The fun doesn’t end with back-to-school! Check out our other free topical classroom resources stuffed with fun lessons and activities your elementary students will love.
Teacher Classroom Resources Pack
Our updated Teacher Resource Pack features 90 pages of downloadable math, ELA, and science materials for kindergarten through 6th grade classrooms. These cross-curricular resources were designed by educators to support teaching and learning in your classroom. These versatile materials include conversion sheets, graphic organizers, flashcards, diagrams, and more! Project them on your whiteboard, print and add them to students’ interactive notebooks, or laminate them for use as reference sheets.
About Me Letters
Understanding your students, where they come from and what they like and vice versa is an integral part of gaining their trust for the whole year. We have put together templates for you to share with your students at the beginning of the year so you can really get to know each other!
30-Day Challenge: Back to School Edition
This 30-Day Back to School Challenge flyer includes creative ideas designed to keep students engaged in their learning after summer break. With 30 days’ worth of fun activities, facts, and resources, learners are bound to learn something new each day and make the most out of returning to school.
Classroom Organization Resources
Whether your classroom is in-person, virtual, or somewhere in between this year, these printables will help make organization a snap. With a few easy clicks you can print a weekly overview planner, post classroom rules near your white board, or send home helpful resources for parents.
- Find our FREE printable organization and wellness planners for students and teachers here! Being organized and having a well-planned schedule is the key to a successful school year. To help keep you and your students on-track, and families in the know, we put together a variety of free printable and digital calendars and planning guides.
- Downloadable Daily Schedule Template: We tapped several of our EdOptions Academy full-time virtual teachers for tips on how they structure their days of teaching students online from their home offices, and used their advice to create a daily schedule template to help you establish a virtual teaching routine.
- Classroom Calendar Cutouts and Weather Signs: This pack includes fun and colorful printables to jazz up your classroom calendar or add to a wall!z
- Classroom Subject Signs: These signs are perfect for organizing storage cubbies, crafting bulletin boards, sending home as spiral notebook lables, and making a classroom schedule poster. These subject signs come in both large and small sizes for whatever your students need!
- Classroom Rules and Emotions Posters: It never hurts to have a visual reminder of classroom rules around! This pack also includes emotion posters, which can help add a visual component to your social-emotional classroom awareness.
Everyone appreciates a good pat on the back after a job well done. And sometimes you don't even need a reason, you just want to let someone know how much you appreciate them! This year, while hugs, high-fives and fist bumps might not be as doable, show someone you noticed how awesome they are with a good old-fashioned card!
- Edmentum Gratitude Cards: We all know how important it is to be recognized for job well done. With this in mind, we wanted to help busy educators by creating a fun and meaningful way to boost that recognition within schools. These quick and fun cards are full of clever and creative sayings that will make anyone who receives them know that they are appreciated. Download these fun cards and start sharing ‘thank you’s today!
- Editable Certificates Pack: The upcoming school year is sure to full of success and accomplishments, so be sure to celebrate your students’ wins! These editable certificates will make your students feel special when they receive personalized recognition for their hard work over the year.
Back-to-school time always comes with a bit of stress, and this year is no different. When things start to feel a little hectic, and you start to feel like you and your students just need a little break, try out one of these fun activities.
- The Edmentum Brain Game is a fun, descriptive game that puts an interactive twist on flashcard review by challenging players to describe terms with a partner or group. There are multiple ways to play the game, so your imagination is the limit! Plus, the cards are easy to download and print, so your students can play wherever they are. Check out all the different decks we’ve assembled for K-12.
- NEW! Edmentum Printable Bookmarks: We wanted to create a fun and meaningful way to help you encourage your students to stay on top of their literacy gains. These exciting new bookmarks come in three different tracking styles, designed to suit a variety of reading levels. Find which one works best for you and your students!
K-12 Worksheet Bundles
All of our Edmentum programs include printable items to help you out, but we also rounded up some fun and free options you can download and print right away. Download our grade-specific worksheet bundles for your students to work on at home or to check on their knowledge before class starts.
These bundles include K-12 math, language arts, science, reading and literacy activities from a variety of our online programs. We’ve also put together grade-specific FREE printable Spanish worksheet bundles for kindergarten through eighth grade students. These bundles include math, language arts, reading and literacy activities from Edmentum's Study Island.
- Edmentum Worksheet Bundles Volume I
- Edmentum Worksheet Bundles Volume II
- Edmentum K-8 Worksheet Bundles en Español (Study Island)
K-12 Lesson Plan Bundles
Our powerful suite of engaging programs offers educators access to a variety of built-in, time-saving teacher tools and resources. To help support your teaching needs, we’ve compiled a variety of lesson plans focused around English language arts and mathematics. Each lesson also includes additional supplemental resources.
Interested in learning more awesome resources to help make this year the best school year yet? Take a look at our Back-to-School Planning and Success Kit!
This blog was originally published in August 2019 and has been updated.