Educator Back-to-School Discounts 2022
Educator Back-to-School Discounts 2022
Did you know that according to a survey conducted by AdoptAClassroom.org, teachers spent an average of $750 out of pocket on school supplies during the 2020–21 school year, and 30% of teachers spent $1,000 or more? Educators know that back-to-school shopping can get expensive, so to help ease the financial burden, we’ve tracked down some great deals for teachers.
When you’re looking to replenish those essential classroom supplies:
Having your supplies ready and organized is always a must (even if everything doesn’t always stay organized by the end of the school year). Take advantage of the deals below to make sure that you’re ready to go for the first day of school.
- Office Depot and OfficeMax: Join the Office Depot OfficeMax Rewards program, and you’ll receive a teacher-exclusive coupon to earn 20% back in rewards on qualifying purchases, such as essentials for your classroom, through September 24, 2022. There are also weekly coupons available in-store and online!
- Pencils.com: Pencils.com offers teachers, administrators, and other school officials 10% off on all orders. Sign up for a Pencils.com account, then apply for the Educator Discount program, and start assembling your mass supply of tools.
- JoAnn: Enroll in JoAnn’s Teacher Rewards program, and save 15% on every purchase!
When you’re building the classroom library of your dreams:
A classroom is not complete without books to inspire your students. Check out these great book deals below to unlock the power of reading this year. And don’t forget to ask your favorite local bookshop if it offers any kind of educator discount!
- Barnes & Noble: The free B&N Educators program offers a 20% year-round discount on books, toys, and games for the classroom and first access to helpful educational resources, valuable email offers, and information on exclusive Educator events. During special “Educator Appreciation Days,” educators can take 25% off of almost everything.
- First Book Marketplace: If you are an educator at a Title I eligible school (or at least 70% of the children in your program are eligible for free or reduced lunch), see if you qualify to register. Members receive brand-new, high-quality books and resources for free and at low cost. Also, hundreds of Book Bank books and educational resources are donated by publishers and available for only the cost of shipping and handling If you are working to distribute resources to children in need through an emergency program for COVID-19 or natural disaster response, you may be eligible to sign up for a temporary membership.
- Half Price Books: Sign up for Half Price Book’s Educator Discount Card to save 10% on your purchases all year long. Half Price Books also has a donation program for educators, with donated books and media that focus on literacy, the environment, or education. Requests must be sent via email and picked up in person at qualifying stores.
- Scholastic: The Scholastic Book Clubs program offers special discounts on classroom sets of books and provides a points system for your students to buy books and give you rewards points to redeem for free books and resources! It also features monthly rewards with bonus store cash and back-to-school specials.
When you’re bringing the power of technology to your students:
During the school year, technology can help you connect with your students, elevate your lessons, and take learning to new level. Here are some sweet deals to get tech tools that will make a real impact into your classroom.
- Adobe: Take over 60% off the full Creative Cloud All Apps plan from Adobe for the first year if you’re eligible for Adobe’s teacher and student discount. Adobe also offers teacher and student discounts for other Creative Cloud for education and program options.
- Apple: Shop for an eligible Mac computer or iPad tablet with education pricing, get 20% on AppleCare+ support, and receive more offers with special pricing for educators and students.
- Bose: Save on orders of $199 or more with Bose’s discount program for educators and students.
- HP: The current back-to-school sale features savings of up to 77%. Shop for deals on laptops, printers, printers, accessories, and more!
When you’re wanting to dress to impress:
It’s a great feeling to be wearing your favorite outfit on the first day of school. Even if you’re teaching from home this year, you can still look and feel your best with some new threads. Take some time to stock up on new clothing essentials for that first-day-feeling all school year long. ALL of the stores below offer a 15% off teacher discount with a valid school or district ID.
As a bonus, here is another retailer that also offers discounts for teachers.
- Bonobos: Save 20% off your purchase through verification of your teacher ID.
Looking for more ways to save this school year? Many states offer tax-free weekends that often coincide with back-to-school sales, giving you even more opportunities to save! Take a look at this article to see if your state participates.