It’s no secret that reading is one of the best ways to keep students learning and practicing academic skills over the summer (not to mention avoid that pesky summer learning slide). So, how can you make sure your budding bookworms continue to build on the love of reading you worked hard to instill throughout the school year?
We’ve compiled several of our favorite reading and literacy activities from Reading Eggs and Reading Eggspress to share with your pre-K through 6th grade students. They’re all printable so you have one more resource to send home with students to encourage them to keep reading this summer!
Grades K - 2
- Literacy Skills Worksheet: The /d/ sound
- Literacy Skills Worksheet: The Alphabet & Word Families
- Literacy Skills Worksheet: Homophones
- Reading Activity: Pancake Tuesday
Grades 3 - 4
- Reading Activity: A Last-Minute Warning
- Literacy Skills Worksheet: Word Factory
- Reading Activity: Hear the Beat
- Reading Activity: I’m Goalie AGAIN!
Grades 5 - 6
- Reading Activity: Trees Forever?
- Literacy Skills Worksheet: Helping Hands
- Reading Activity: It’s Only Water…
- Reading Activity: Are Aliens Real?
Bonus Sneak Peak: Comprehension resources coming soon to Reading Eggspress!
- Comprehension Skills Activity: 3rd Grade Visualization (Plus Teacher Answer Key)
- Comprehension Skills Activity: 4th Grade Word Study (Plus Teacher Answer Key)
Want more engaging reading and literacy activities? Sign up for a free trial of Reading Eggs and Reading Eggspress! And, if you students and their families are in search of more summer learning resources, be sure to check out Study Island for Home!