SXSWedu is here! Austin, Texas is about to be home to three and a half days of learning, networking, and workshopping by educators, experts, industry leaders, schools, and districts throughout the country. Whether it is inspiring keynotes or dynamic and engaging workshops, we on the Edmentum team cannot wait to take part!
Here’s a preview of what we and other attendees can expect to see this week:
- Keynote Sessions: Each day of the conference will feature an information-filled keynote or featured session by industry experts. On Monday, we can look forward to hearing from Dr. Temple Grandin from Colorado State University. Dr. Grandin will lead, Helping Different Kinds of Minds Solve Problems. On Tuesday, Ayah Bdeier will speak about The Role of Maker Ed in Schools,and on Wednesday, Jane McGonigal will lead How to Think (and Learn) Like a Futurist. Mixed throughout each day we’ll also explore a variety of featured sessions and closing programs.
- Workshops and Sessions: This year’s conference features 15 tracks that include discussion on everything from assessment and data analytics to early learning, instructional strategies, and cognitive processes. Session formats include panels, debates, hands-on playgrounds, talks, workshops, and more!
- Policy Forum: Want to learn more about ESSA, the Common Core, or educational technology? The policy forum is a unique track for attendees to dig deeper into the challenges and opportunities that face education today. This unique forum is led by “a diverse range of legislative voices and civic leaders” and will discuss both local and national topics.
- Networking: There are tons of networking opportunities at this year’s conference! From informal encounters over coffee, to scheduled conference “Meet Ups” or “Mentor” sessions, attendees will have plenty of time to network and connect.
- Film: SXSWedu 2016 includes a film program that “highlights poignant narratives and documentaries focused on all aspects of education.” The series will screen 15 films.
- And so much more!
We’re ready to dig in to the great opportunities for learning and networking that SXSWEdu 2016 has to offer—and we’re excited to share all that we see and hear with our readers! Stay tuned for a four part series beginning next week where we will feature some of our favorite sessions from the conference!
Interested in learning more about Edmentum’s online solutions for teaching and learning? Find out how we’re Moving Education Forward!